Monday, June 30, 2008

Out of High River and not before time.

Well things got steadily worse and the smile was quickly slipping from my face along with my patience.
The load was finally ready to collect at 6.30pm so into the yard I went and hooked up to a trailer with a bad airleak, so bad the brakes would not release or the airbags inflate. I unhooked and called the mechanics and at 9pm they arrived and said they had looked at the trailer and it was fine. I felt like an idiot but they said they wouuld rebuild the leaking valve and it should be ok.
At 11.30pm I finally pulled out of High River and called it a night planning a little lie in as meat inspection didn't open until 12.
Called in at Lethbridge to collect my mail and the Ace manifest then set off to the border which was cleared in a matter of minutes.
The computers were down at the meat inspection so I joined the line of 14 trucks and wasted 4hrs waiting until I was ready to go.
I am now at Great Falls Montana and feel exhausted even though I have had so much time off. Hopefully there will be no more hold ups and the rest of the trip goes well.
There is a glimmer of hope to the last few days as Steve W has authorised a 36hr layover for the time in High River and has promised to look into the outstanding layovers that I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mate,

I hope your are well and doing OK? I hope H&R get your back dated payments sorted. In this climate you need every penny you can get your hands on. Good job you don't have a mortgage to pay for!!!

Stay safe mate..

Trkrjim said...

I hope the jake brake is working good for you, it's going to get a workout going into Denver. It should be a nice climb if got some of the load off already though.
Spanish Fork down to I70 is an easy go, to bad it dumps you out east of the really impressive scenery.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, just sat again for 22hrs so it will be interesting to see if they only pay for 12 rather than 24hrs. Cheers and best wishes