Sunday, June 8, 2008

Waiting for trailer then off to British Columbia

The route for today, Calgary-Golden-Revelstoke-Kamloops-Hope and Chilliwack is under the Route 1 sign.


Good morning. Still sat in Calgary. I have been offered a preplan which will see me running into British Columbia and has 3 deliveries which are Chilliwack, Richmond and Annacis Island. The only hold up at the minute is I have to wait for an empty trailer to take to High River which is where I will pick up the loaded one.
I had to refuse a trip yesterday as I didnt have enough time to do it, it was a 4 dropper in Ontario and Quebec. The preplan showed the first delivery in Ontario but there was no way I could make it, however when I read the other load details the "actual" first delivery was in Quebec and there was not a hope in hell of me getting there in time. I got the feeling that despatch were not too happy about it and thought I was trying to swerve the load but there was no way I could do it so that was that.
The weather is still miserable in Calgary but at least it has stopped raining for the minute.
Well got to go, I am ready for the "off" as soon as I get a trailer number and I have a long day ahead of me. Its roughly 870km to Chilliwack and I need to be there for first thing in the morning, hopefully fingers crossed I will drop the partially loaded trailer at the Delta Yard so the city drivers can finish it off but hey, thats tomorrow and anything can happen.

No comments: