Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rolling over the hours.

Hi, I mentioned a while back I was going to see how long I could legally work for without having to reset my hours. So far the grand total is 24 days and I have tons of hours left.
I started this count on May 9th which was the day I came back from my hols and including today I have covered 16866km or roughly 10353mls. This equates to 431mls per day.
Included in this count are two 24hr break periods which keep things right for when I am in Canada so all in all its going well.
During this period every delivery has been made on time, I have not worked silly hours and all has been done legal.
Please remember that this is the way I like to work,if I had something to rush back for it would be totally different and thats one of the beauties of this job, H&R can pretty much accomodate every work ethic.
When I find a decent picture of North America that I can draw on I will post the pic showing my routes so far, cheers for now.

2 comments:

Trkrjim said...

You are doing it like it is supposed to be done, Get your work done and relax and enjoy yourself. I would have to say anybody that would complain you're not running hard enough doesn't know a thing about real trucking. This job will wear anybody out, I ran 165,000 miles in 2005 and 2006 and I was burnt out from it. That's why the turnover rate in this industry is around 125% anually. Keep on Trucking Monte.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, thanks for your words. Just plodding along suits me fine, I am in no rush.
Take it easy. Cheers