Saturday, June 14, 2008

Its catch up time



Hi all, well I have been busy again following a bad start. I arived at the shipper to collect the load for 3 drops BC last week and sat for over a day which is a bummer as there is no facilities other than a portaloo and a phone. So left the next day and ran to Chilliwack where I did the first delivery then dropped the trailer in the yard at Delta. A loaded trailer was waiting so I hooked up and set away towards Edmonton. The road is a lot better than the one we use to get to calgary, its almost a pleasure to drive it as the scenery is great and I seem to see a lot more wildlife on this route.

The loaded trailer was dropped and again another was waiting for me to hook up to, destination .... Richmond BC.
So i set off again back the way I had just come but this time dropped the loaded trailer at the customers premises which was Coca-Cola. These loads are really heavy and it seems to take forever to drag them over the mountains.

So that was that over and done with and my next job came through, a loaded trailer from Richmond going to Calgary which meant going back over the rockies again.

At the minute I am parked at Calgary having to reset my hours for the second time in a week as my next delivery is to New Jersey and I wouldn't of had enough hours to get there.
All in all things are going well, the sun is shining pretty much all of the time, I still catch myself smiling to myself and the cash is coming in after I had some time off to go to New York.

I am looking forward to the New Jersey trip as I havn't been before and a few new States will be added to my list of "States visited".

No comments: