Sunday, March 2, 2008

Barstow CA to Lethbridge AB

Sleep here and wake up to this in the morning
Taken at Las Vegas Petro which is next door to the Speedway track.

Hi all, had a great ride up to Barstow in California and to be honest wished I had gone a little further as I had 2 really hard days driving to get into Lethbridge. Think the first day was about 1050km or maybe more which saw me spending the night at Ogden in Utah and the next was a big hit to get to the canadian border in 11hrs drive so I could make it to the yard.
The weather was good although not what I had been used to for the last few days but at least the snow on the ground made a pleasant change from dry arrid rocks.
Spent the night in the yard on friday and booked into the Sandman on saturday morning.
I bought a new laptop and spent most of the day setting that up but its all up and running so need to transfer my files across and then wipe the old laptop before it goes up for sale
Rang H&R a while back and have to wait for a trailer to come down to the yard then its off to california again with a load of meat I think, time is getting on and if it doesnt arrive soon then the meat inspection will be closed so I wont leave until the morning. I wouldnt of gone that far tonight anyway but it would of at least got the ball rolling.
Had my worst wage since I got here last week as I didnt get my trip envelopes into the office in time so on paper all I did was a trailer change in BC which earned me the wallet bursting sum of $300, next week will be a good one though as that covers the trip to Omaha, up to Montreal and across to calgary.
Thanks for all the comments left recentley.
Bye for now !

4 comments:

RYAN said...

np phil you know where we will be either the lodge or sand man will be in touch.ps me and clive are goin to run solo.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mark. Will look you up if I am around.
You both must be getting pretty excited about it as its not long now. I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.
Best wishes, Phil

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is some rig, and the scenery is out of this world. Your very lucky Phil.

$300 for a weeks work, OUCH... You could earn more at Mc Donalds... Hope that is because of a mistake on your part. How do you get the envelopes in, do you have to post them or hand them in?

Take care mate.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, it was my fault as forgot to drop the trip envelopes off. Each yard has a drop box where you can pop your envelopes into. In theory they need to be in by wednesdays or you wont get paid them until the third week as we run 2 weeks in arrears. If you are on a trip and miss the deadline again then its another week added on before you get paid it. Basically, no trip envelope, no wage.