Friday, March 7, 2008

Annoyed with Flying J internet


Stood in a foot of snow trying to beat the camera timer.

Had a good run down to Vernon california even though I had to put in two big days. None of that mattered as the sights on the way down are awesome.
The first real historical stop was just south of Idaho Falls where there is a huge Lava field. They say that 4000 years ago a crack in the earth surface allowed lava to travel up to 50 miles and flow over a 220 square mile area. Its pretty impressive to see.
Next on the agenda was the beautiful scenery at southern Utah and then the red rocks and arrid landscape of Arizona and Nevada.
The highlight again was having the pleasure of "doing" the Virgin River valley Gorge which is just south of Mesquite. It was a first for me as it was the first time I have actually driven south on the I-15 past Idaho falls so the Gorge was all new doing it southbound.
I parked at barstow in California and am now convinced that the Flying J truckstops are trying to con us into buying the $139 gadget to give you a better wifi signal. I had an excellent signal with 11mbps and was parked 50 feet from the antenna but lost the signal 3 times over a 4hr period, when refreshed the signal had gone but was instantly picked up again when I rebooted.
Left this morning and made a bit of a balls up as I thought my delivery time at Vernon was 0700 when it was actually 0600. it didnt matter as its my first time actually in LA and I underestimated the traffic. One hour to do the last 12 miles to the customer, nightmare.
So I am sat at Vernon writing this on the notepad and hoping I can paste it into my blog, I will be tipped in 1hr so will then find out what delights I have to come.

No comments: