Wednesday, March 26, 2008

T'is a sad day for I have received news that I am to be evicted from 3929 and no doubt while i write this all my worldly goods are being pillaged from her and dumped into binbags.
It seems she has been bequithed to another man, a man who only drives in Alberta, no more shall she drink the nectar called American diesel unless she can be rescued by a brave knight.
This knight is Steve Whitaker who has taken upon himself the quest to barter with the Dark Lord Dave Fodder and to win her back for me, well until i get a new one.
I am gutted, I know 3929 and I had a love/hate relationship, she loved breaking down and I hated it but i want her back.
I now am driving 3120 who I have named "piglet" for no particular reason.
Thing is that piglet speaks with fork tongue and says she is trotting along at 67/68mph when infact Tomtom says she is only doing 64mph and no amount of coaxing will get the lazy sow to run at 65.
Not a problem you may think but piglet is trotting up more miles than she is doing, hence on paper I cannot drive so far,hence i have to drive for longer to get where I am going.
According to TomTom i have driven for 898km but piglet reckons she has done 1005km, big difference eh !!
It will have to be sorted.
Tune in soon to see if I end up buying Steve a pint of mead and piglet gets a rocket up her rear end.

4 comments:

Martin said...

Well Phil,

Whichever truck you get next, you'll be hard-pushed to get another picture as good as the one at the top of your blog!!

Maybe you'll get one of the new Cascadia's??????? ;-)

Martin.

Montedarlo said...

Its a cracker, I think its my favourite one along with a few of Las Vegas. Pleased you like it.
Its rumoured that 200 new Cascadias are coming in the next month so we will have to wait and see, I just hate jumping from one truck to another.

shedlock2000 said...

Well phil,

I hope you settle with the new truck, but i wish we could all stand together to reject the rubish we now have to drive. Why we have to put up without the KW's and have to drive this cack i will never know. There is just no excuse for the Freddy freightliner. And why we have to put up without a stick either ill never know, its an insult to us to have to put up with the flappy paddle autoshift mess instead of a proper standard transmission. Im a ruck driver not a chimp steering a truck.

There is just no excuse for discontinuing the W900L's and making us drive substandard tosh like the freddy. I feel just like a chimp now, as every sembelence of truck driver is now removed, as i steer this mess down the highway.

I hope you get to like the new truck like your old one, but it will never be half of a KW. I miss old 1530, the last standard on the fleet. In that i was a truck driver, in the freddy, i am nothing.

Good luck man,.... youll need it!

Cowboy Steve

Montedarlo said...

Hi Steve, Wow!
Keep your chin up fella. Had a laugh at your youtube vids, very good.
To be honest I would feel the same as you if I was given a Kenworth, I love the lazyness of the automatics.
Cheers,Phil