Saturday, March 15, 2008

3929 is broken so its Lyndon to the rescue.

Hi, I have had a bitch of a day. The truck has had a mysterious airleak for a while and because nobody can find it they cant fix it. So today the air pressure was taking forever to build up which kept throwing the automatic transmission into "System malfunction" and it stayed this way until the pressure built up and the engine was restarted.
I arrived at brooks to collect the load for Pennsylvania, backed under and hooked up. The axles needed sliding so into reverse she went, accelerator down and she stalled. the torque in the transmission was too great and it refused to slip into neutral and to top it all the low air pressure alarms were sounding. Nightmare !
A mechanic was with me within 30mins who proceded to check the system and thought he had found the leak but it was not to be. He also said the compressor has given up and as it was the weekend it would be Monday before it was fixed.
His phone rang and "Penske" who H&R lease the trucks from, told him the truck would be repaired in the States and I was to get on my way. No way !!
I informed despatch that I was not prepared to drive an unfit truck and would bring it to Lethbridge. I am pleased to say that H&R agreed to this and told me to drop the trailer in the yard without any question.
So I am in the drivers room and in waiks the elusive Lyndon who is taking my load to pennsylvania and I think quite happy about it as he will add 2 new states to his list.
Its the first time I have met him and to be honest I imagined him to be a little taller.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil, is Lyndon as wide as you thought...He,he.....LOL (sorry Lyndon)

Montedarlo said...

Andy, behave !!!
Actually I did expect Lyndon to be slightly taller and regardless of the corndogs and bacon sandwiches he is very trim and in proportion.
What else can I say ?

Martin said...

Hello Phil,

I read both yours & Lyndon's blogs (as well as Andy's & Dave's) and it was good to see the blogs 'linking together' regrading your breakdown and Lyndon taking your load!

I don't leave comments too often but I do check-in regular; it's all good stuff!! Keep it coming!

Martin. (aka marcustandy, BTA)

Montedarlo said...

Hi again, thanks for the comments and I am pleased you like reading the blog. It was a fluke that Lyndon took the load but like you say it all linked in nicely.
Cheers,Phil