Saturday, March 15, 2008

BC, lovely place but its a pain


Managed to drag a heavy load over the Rockies and around 9pm I had had enough so it was time to look for a parking spot and guess what, there was none. I tried the Husky truckstops, Petropass and any others I found but in the end I had to run to the yard at Delta arriving at 11pm.
Sent the dropped trailer in at 9 in the morning and waited. It wasnt long before a pre-plan came thru to which I agreed, then another then another. I got 6 in total and was informed the last one was the load I was doing. It was a load of pallets to Kelowna then a load from there to Calgary. The trailer should of been in the yard at 5pm but at 11pm I gave up hope and went to bed.
The load had arrived just after 11 and after a few messages back and forth to despatch about how I refuse to stay up all day and then start work at 11 I finally left Delta.
As I had been there for more than 12 I requested a Layover and have added it to the log on the left.
I always remember a load of pallets as being a light load but when you have 570 of them in a fridge it weighs a ton and it took some dragging up the mountains and into Kelowna. Got to the customer who didnt need the pallets so dropped the load and ran into the yard.
The reload was pretty quick and was soon on my way to Calgary with a load of fruit juice which is another heavy load.
Arrived and dropped that trailer and was pre-planned for a load to Pennsylvania and am still waiting for the load confirmation. Have received notice of an empty trailer to take to Brooks but without a load confrirmation either the load is not going to happen or its not ready and I dont fancy sitting for however long it takes in a place where there are no facilities and that reeks of cow muck.

No comments: