Monday, March 10, 2008

Back in Canada.




Hi everyone. Well I am back in Canada after a great ride up, I have enjoyed this trip a lot.
Ran from Las Vegas to McCammon in Idaho and parked up for the night. When I woke two other H&R had just got up so we agreed to run north together. My co-pilots were Mark and Sean and off we set homeward bound.
Mark has been out here for a while and took us the scenic route which meant leaving the I-15 at Idaho falls and skirting around the edge of the Yellowstone National Park. The views were amazing and the roads were not too bad. We passed Steven Segals house which is quite a place and trundled north. The banter was good and the time flew, before I knew it we were at Shelby in Montana and called it a day there.
I tried to work it so I could drop my trailer in Lethbridge and spin back down into the States but was told I had to deliver it and I knew that there would be trouble as its never straight forward when you pull into Calgary.I was unloaded within an hour and waited for my reload.
Beep, I knew it, bloody British Columbia, and the yard at Delta to make things worse.
Oh well, never mind so I picked up the trailer and looked at the suspension pressure which was reading 75psi which is way too much so a trip to the scales confirmed my suspicions. I was 1000kg over on the drives but the trailer wheels could not be slid as they had been fixed into place. After a few phone calls it was sorted and I had to drop the trailer in the spot I got it from, yippee !
Beep, pick up the same load but on another trailer which was going to the same place, oh no !
So thats where I am up to in my travels, sitting in Calgary with a load I dont particularly want to take. Still, I suppose its money at the end of the day but I know that the load out of BC will be just as much of a faff on as this one.

2 comments:

Shortcut said...

Hi phil where did you get your template for your blog

Montedarlo said...

Hi. The template is one of the free ones you get with blogspot. I have been looking for a new one and found out that the slimmmer ones are more popular as most people have small pc monitors which means that they have to scroll the page across to see everything which in turn puts them off returning to the site. If you check out the most popular sites as well as web pages they choose to have the slimmer layout