Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dark, miserable and gloomy BC



After the lovely drive up through the Grand Coulee I collected apples from 2 collections in BC and since the collections took so long I called it a night at Sicamous and ran into Calgary yesterday where I dropped the trailer at the customer and ran to the truckstop.
As you can see the weather took a few more casualties, I have no idea if the drivers are ok but I sincerely hope so, especially the truck which was heading eastbound as his side has buried itself into the rockface.





It seems as if winter hasnt gone away yet, its 12f (-11c) in Calgary this morning although it doesnt seem to be that cold.
My next planned jaunt is to Sioux City Iowa, yup...Iowa....home to Waterloo. Still waiting for confirmation that the trailer is good to go but experience tells me not to hold my breath .

6 comments:

Tom said...

I don't know about "Dark, miserable and gloomy". It looks quite nice. I suppose if you've had snow for 5 months you can be forgiven!!

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tom, good to hear from you again. I dont mind fresh snow its the slushy crap stained brown by the sand that I dont like, plus a blue sky makes the day seem a whole lot better.
Dont get me wrong, it is very beautiful when the trees are covered in snow.
Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Feel sorry for the boys in the rocks, it must have been pretty slippy.
Drive safe mate.

Trkrjim said...

You got to live in Iowa to love it here I guess. Having lived on both coast I can say with with conviction that trucking is 100% better in the Mid-West than elsewhere.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, I missed the worst of it. Going through a few bottles of screenwash is nothing and thats the worst I had to endure.

take it easy...Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, hows them dogs ?
Hope you didnt mind me posting your comment about the lumpers but you seemed to say all of the right things and put the point across properly.
I was thinking the other day about my future here and it would make sense for me to buy a "holiday home" in either Iowa or Montana.
I have nothing against Iowa as a State but it gets a little tedious when thats all I seem to be doing when there is so much more out there.

Cheers,Phil