Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Made it to Virginia



Made it to Virginia in one piece and as I write this post I am sat at the customer waiting to unload.
It was a pretty uneventful ride down, once again thanks to the shipper I was a day late getting away so therefore once again an easy run turned into a flat out blast to get here in time.
Two new states have been added to the my list..both Virginia and West Virginia. Both the Virginia's are pretty much the same but I did notice the speed limits tend to vary more than any other states as one minute its 70mph and within a few miles this can fluctuate down to 55 then up to 60.
The local accent has made me smile a few times as its tinged with a southern drawl.
For those who follow the routes I take this is the way I came down to Virginia.
Winnipeg Manitoba to Fargo North Dakota.
Fargo to Minneapolis Minnesota.
Minneapolis to Bloomington Illinios.
Bloomington to Indianapolis Indiana.
Indianapolis to Cincinnati Ohio.
Cincinnati to Grayson Kentucky.
Grayson to Charleston West Virgina.
Charleston to Richmond Virginia.
Richmond to Jarratt Virginia.

The trip was about 1700 miles and took around 30hrs driving time.

I have been preplanned to load not far from here when empty which with any luck shall net me another new state to add to my list namely Maryland.

3 comments:

Dave Caldwell said...

ppsstt Phil ssshhh, not to be picky, don't tell anyone but they have moved Winnipeg into Manitoba!!!! lol
Safe driving mate.

Montedarlo said...

Well spotted, my mistake but your fault...dont know how but it is.
Post has been edited, thanks for pointing it out, people back home sat with their maps wouldnt even know where I started the trip.

Cheers,Phil

Dave Caldwell said...

Must be my fault, everything else is lol