Friday, March 27, 2009

Colourful...unrealistic pictures.

I have had a complaint about the pictures I post on my blog (believe it or not).
Apparently they are not true to life, too cartoon-ish and the colours are unbelievable. I say complaint but I suppose it was more of a critique.
My answer is simple and no disrespect is intended.
I take a picture and if the outcome is not how I saw it at the time I will make it so, or would even go as far as to make the photo look as how I would "like" to see it.
I think that its not only more interesting to look at (even if it looks like a water colour) but also shows my artistic flare (hahaha).
A lot of the time the colours are only saturated a little, in the example below all I did was emphasise the colours that already existed...even if the eye didnt see them.
This picture has been posted before but for some unknown reason I took it again this morning. The buildings sit next door to the meat inspection at Sweetgrass Montana and everytime I go there it catches my eye, maybe its the cracked paint or the colour...I just like it !


8 comments:

andy said...

i think your pictures are pretty cool.they give a good feeling of the place that you are at

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe someone would have the nerve to complain about your photos, they obviously are jealous that they cannot take as good of shots and use photo editing software as well as you seem to have gotten a grasp on it, that is one of the thing si look foeward to seeing most when i visit your bliog, as i too am a driver and see all the same sights, but am a terrible photographer, thanks for taking such beautiful pics.
Chad JBM L284

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy and Anon, thanks for taking the time to comment.
I feel that sometimes the pictures need bringing more to life to potray them properly.

Thanks again, Phil

Lyndon said...

Phil you should be ashamed of your self, conning people into thinking America is all pastel shading and vivid technicolor (Hollywood excluded of course) you are getting people over here on false pretenses, when they see America and indeed Canada are actually in normal color they are are going to be so disapointed .........

Anyway buddy keep up the great work and seriously some of those (touched up) pictures are awsome.

Lyndon

Dave Caldwell said...

Phil, I like your pictures and at the end of the day it is how you see things on your travels that matter not how they would like to see it.
Keep it up mate.

Dave

Montedarlo said...

Hi Lyndon and Dave. Yeah I suppose it will be my fault when potential drivers leave not because of wages or working conditions but because North America isn't how I portrayed it.
You have to laugh.

Cheers,Phil

mickfly said...

Eyup Phil, when I stopped laughing at your last comment I was just going to say... do whatever you like with the shots, we already told you we like your pictures when you lent me your camera last week.

Montedarlo said...

Will do Mick, will keep snapping away and letting my imagination run riot.
Looking forward to your next blog post so get your finger out !!

Good luck, Phil