Thursday, March 12, 2009

High River...you have to hate the place.

Morning, yup good morning Not the time of day I usually post at but I am sat with nothing to do and have done so since lunchtime yesterday. The infamous meat company where I am waiting must have such a bond with the cattle that even after slaughter they dont want to see them leave.



A typical sight at High River, streams of trucks bringing in the livestock

The load is due for delivery in Washington (State) tomorrow morning followed by 2 drops in California and now..once again an easy trip is turning into a bit of a mare and I am not on the road with it yet.
I have done all of my jobs and even vacuumed the truck out. Its amazing that even though my boots go no further into the truck than my floormat the amount of dirt picked up is unbelievable.

So its sit and wait time, the load could be ready in 5mins or it might not go at all if there is a problem. I think its the feeling of being left in the dark thats my major gripe and nobody can give you an insight into whats happening.

Thats my moan over and done with, hopefully in the not too distant future my next post will be positive, happy and full of joy. Hahaha

3 comments:

FINCH said...

They don't call it Camp Cargill for nothing. I have sat there a record 4 days waiting for a load. Actually i waited 2 days, it was too heavy so back into the doors it went and 2 days later i hooked back into it. A nightmare! Sometimes it is ok to stay there and sometimes it smells real bad, especially when they "Burn the blood" EWWWW the new Petro is nice that way you can atleast use a clean, warm washroom and get some grub! Be safe!

Tom said...

You sound like your a mushroom then, kept in the dark and fed s**t. As are all lorry driver all over the world

Unknown said...

"High River...you have to hate the place." - It smells real bad, especially when they "Burn the blood"Its amazing that even though my boots go no further into the truck than my floormat the amount of dirt picked up is unbelievable.
Truck Factoring Service