Friday, March 20, 2009

Tracy to Port Hueneme to Lethbridge




Left Tracy in decent time (after paying the lumpers) and headed south to load bananas out of Port Hueneme which is just a stones throw from Los Angeles. Needed to wash the trailer out and had an hour wait at the Blue Beacon truckwash which is a nationwide network and provides a great service, normally very fast, efficient and the staff are extremely friendly.



Loaded the following morning and as we will soon need an ID card to be able to get onto the docks went to the processing centre where I waited for 5hrs and still didnt get my application in so another visit will be required.



Normally I run on my own, not really by choice, its just how it works out but this trip I ran with a fellow German driver and to be honest I really enjoyed the company,so thanks Hartmut...it was a pleasure.



Ended up dropping the trailer in Lethbridge as due to the time lost applying for my ID card I didnt have the hours to reach Edmonton.



Truck is in for service so its a few nights in the hotel then back to the grind on Saturday afternoon for a leisurely drive to Washington (State not DC)




6 comments:

Javi said...

Hey, Phil!, cool pic of the truckwash!, nice light and color.

See you around!
Javi

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil, thanks for the afternoon tea and biscuits, we both enjoyed the drinks and your good company.
Have a safe journey, and keep the pics coming.

Montedarlo said...

Thanks Javi, your comments mean a lot. I am still trying to make the new camera work but its tough.
I need to speak to you about how you and Inga ended up in Hollywood, well done in getting there !!

Cheers, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick/Cath. Yeah it was nice, just a good chat without too much bitching about work.
Take care, Phil

Anonymous said...

phil,that $500.00 you were fined,h&r used to service the trailers every 21 days,now ryder are doing it,its every 90 days that could be something to do with the slack adjusters,think about it.
?? are you going to put it on your blog!!!

Montedarlo said...

Hi anon, I didnt know about the service schedules until you informed me.
At the minute the safety dept is looking into things and as soon as a conclusion is reached then I will post on the blog.

thanks for the info, Phil