Thursday, April 3, 2008

It couldn't get any worse.



Hi, well 3929 has gone and I wont be getting her back.
After a few shuttle runs across to BC I finally got down to Lethbridge tuesday evening and waited till the morning to get my stuff.
Nobody knew anything about where my possessions were, they wern't in the paintbay like I was told and Gerald who supposedly had emptied my truck did not have a clue as to what I was talking about.
Everything I own is still in the truck ! A truck that has broken down again and is parked in Vancouver BC getting repaired, I was furious to say the least.
The plan is to give 3929 to another driver who will bring the truck across to Calgary and I will meet him with Piglet and there we will transfer my stuff, we will have to wait and see if that happens but one thing is for sure, I will not leave to go on another trip without everything.
Work is very quiet at the minute but is due to get busy soon.
Because of the hassle, I have had to turn down a load to Laredo Texas which is a good trip and the same run as I did over the Xmas period. Instead I have been preplanned to go to Fort Worth Texas which is still ok.
April is not going to be a good month money wise as I had too much time off and then too much time running in Canada. I cannot understand why we get less cash per mile in Canada as the driving is a lot harder and you cannot come near to running the same mileages you can hit in the States, especially when going to BC.
Lets see what happens over the next few days.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Phil,

That is well out of order mate. I can't believe it!!! How can they do that to a driver who's truck is his home!! They must know where the truck is as it's tracked by satellite, so why haven't you got your stuff? You need to have words with one of the top guys. Unbelievable...

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, it is shocking. What bothers me is that any driver with sense would of seen the truck had stuff in and reported it, someone in the office has said "just take it like it is".
I phoned earlier and the truck will "possibly" be in Calgary on Friday !

Anonymous said...

Phil
sorry probably being thick but
What or who is the piglet?
Great blog.
take care
cheers steve

Montedarlo said...

Hi Steve, Piglet is first mentioned in the March 26 post and she is the truck I have now,3120.
There is no particular reason why she is called Piglet,it just seemed right.
Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Sorry mate I missed that one.
like I said Plonker.
heads Up!!!

Steve

Anonymous said...

Dont worry mate a similar thing happened to me.first my stuff was in calgary yard then it was in edmonton yard,allthough i had not left much in the truck,i never saw the truck for 6 months,never saw my gear again,including the load locks.
i can tell you a lot worse things if you want

Trkrjim said...

That's just not right. I know your in a delicate situation with your residency, I hope they don't use that to take advantage of you. what about the driver who took the truck with everything in it! must have thought he hit the jackpot. hope he didn't pawn it all.

Montedarlo said...

Hi anonymous and Jim. As things stand I am on route in the morning to collect my stuff from Freightliner in Vancouver. I hope there is nothing missing or H&R will find out how much my shit stinks.
It wont happen again I can assure you,once bitten twice shy !!