Monday, April 28, 2008

Have H&R come up trumps ?

Has spring finally found its way to Ontario?
Bit difficult to read but the sign says "Beware of Moose"

Well, had a big drive yesterday and was shattered when I called it a day. Slept for 10 then set off again this morning.
Yesterday I sent a message stating that due to being held up I couldnt make the delivery but never received a reply probably due to it being the weekend and there was still a few days to go before the delivery. Sent another today as I had a better idea of times and the reply was that I was to switch trailers and get on my way to Mississauga which is ideal and the other lad would go to Montreal as he was also having time off near there.
So all is looking good,roughly 700 miles to Mississauga and when I didnt think things could get better I am messaged by Steve W and given confirmation that the layover will be paid. Happy days.
So finally it looks like I will make the wedding on time, just need to find out if thats me officially on holiday when I reach the yard, then its organise a hire car, totally empty my truck and then head off through Niagra Falls to Bouckville New York.
Fingers crossed all goes well and the weather stays good.
A quick thanks to Lorna,Monica and Deb for keeping me up to date with what was happening and to Steve for sorting out the layover so quickly, still have 2 pending though.
Well, its bed time. I am going to make an effort to get some decent pics tomorrow as I have been neglecting the camera lately.
Cheers for now.

5 comments:

Steve--the Rooster said...

Good egg Phil
pleased that its all sorted.
Incase I don't catch you before the time off have a good one
Cheers
steve

Montedarlo said...

Hi rooster, still got my fingers crossed though hahah.
Its tuesday morning,I have just got up and its starting to snow.
Thanks for your best wishes, I fully intend to push the boat out and enjoy myself to the max.
Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Glad things are being sorted Phil. A happy driver is a productive driver!!!

Martin said...

Hello Phil,

I'll echo the comments above; glad to hear it looks like it might all be sorted.

TBH, it must be in H&R best interests to keep their drivers happy and productive. There's also a lot of people reading the H&R drivers blogs and telling it as it is. I guess a bleak picture will do them no good and sorting your outstanding issues puts them back in a good light for the outsiders looking in!

Enjoy your time off and the wedding.

M.

Anonymous said...

Hi all, just to let you know, there's a new Englishman in town soon.
Richard T. He starts in 6-8 weeks, based in Lethridge. He'll be living in Edmonton - Long drive, but he says he's OK with it.
He's a good lad and I'm sure he'll pick it up quick.
He can't wait to get there, he'll be accompanied by my sis Deb for a while, at least 'till they get settled down.
Anyway, glad to hear H&R have finally sorted you out with the time off.
Daz.