Saturday, April 19, 2008

Boring boring days.



Hi, as promised here are the pics from the post below. The signpost one was taken in Michegan and the accident was on the way into Mississauga which is just outside Toronto.
Nothing really to report on the last few days, its just tedious driving from Toronto across to Calgary. I have called it "the road to hell" and I still stand by that statement, crap roads,crap facilities,crap everything.
Parked up at the Flying J at Winnipeg and have got a big push tomorrow to get somewhere near to Calgary, I, personally cannot get to the Yard in one hit as I run out of time 45mins before.
Its going to be interesting to see how Despatch get me across to either Montreal or Mississauga by thurs May 1st as that is where my time is booked off so I can attend Erics wedding. I will of course keep you updated as to how it all goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a Bison truck. I sure hope the driver is OK? There are a lot of English drivers working for them, do you know anymore about it?

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy,it looked like the accident had just happened as I didnt get held up too long. By the marks on the road the Bison driver didnt make much of an effort to stop. I couldnt see him in the truck as I drove past so hopefully he was getting some treatment in the ambulance.

Trkrjim said...

The bar with the stripping on it that the truck is ontop of is supposed to absorb the impact, never seen one actually used before guess they need to go back to the drawing board on that design. Good luck making it to N.Y. without too much drama.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, I have another pic taken from a distance and the bison driver has pushed the safety vehicle at least 100 yards up the highway as there are rubber marks on the pavement. I agree that there may be a design flaw but if he was hit at full speed who knows what could happen.