Sunday, April 27, 2008

Apology,Gossip and what I am up to now.

Hi, well the last post caused some controversy, gossip and rumours are running rife.
To try to clear things up, yes I was asked to meet with Dave Foder and Steve W regarding the post. I totally understand there perspective on what I had written. I have already done so but would like to publicly apologize for the way the context of the post came across and for any distress it caused.
Regular readers will know that I have never had any problems turning down a load because I could not do it legally and I believe H&R would not knowingly condone,nor encourage anything that could not be done in the proper manner.
To put an end to the rumours, I have not been sacked, there was no big argument and I am not leaving the company.

So, on with things.
I was given a load to Ottowa Ontario which was to load on Sat 26th 0900 and was given the good to go by despatch. The load consisted of 2 drops Montreal then one in Ottowa and as I got near to the destination a decision would be made as to how I would make my holiday date as the drops overlapped my time off.
Arrived in high River at 3pm and the load wasnt ready so sat about until 10pm which is when I went to bed. Security knocked on the cab to let me know it was ready in the early hours and I was rolling for 5.30am.
The first delivery in Montreal is 0700 30th which in reality gives me 3 driving shifts to do approx 2300 miles. I have to wait until tomorrow to find out what is happening as since the speed limit is 56mph for the next 1300 miles I reckon I will be about 5hr short in reaching the first drop. To make things worse due to the time difference that will make me even later for the delivery. Ideally I will run my time out and meet another truck who has time left to reach Montreal but we will have to wait and see.
I will update when possible as the Internet is hard to find in canada.
Cheers, Phil

No comments: