Thursday, April 10, 2008

BBQ weather is coming.


Hi all, I have been thinking about what sort of stuff goes down my neck and the differences between N.America and the UK.
I have always been skinny and have no problem eating what and when I want which I suppose is a blessing.
I enjoy cooking and in the UK would really get into it big time as I enjoyed what I was doing, I do my best here and will easily make a delicious stew in my slow cooker which will give me two really big meals. I use the slow cooker as I find it hard to get "fresh veg" in any of the truckstops other than green beans or zuccinni, its normally tinned or the stuff you micro in a bag.
Because of the drink I didnt really eat too well back home but now is a different story and I knock food back like its going out of fashion.
In the truck I have a toaster,slow cooker and a george foreman grill which I use for steaks,fish and toasted sandwiches. Now the good weather is coming I will buy a small BBQ and come the end of the day fire it up and cook to my hearts content. Some of the best times I had in Europe were when the barbie was fired up and before you knew it 10 different nationalities had gathered round all bringing with some food or drink, we had good times.
So, you will probably smell the bbq before you see me and all are welcome, Walmart is never too far away and all of a sudden the dreaded layover seems a little more tolerable.
Heres to the sun coming, cheers !!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, in your (I think it was Feb post) You talked about hours allowed in the states and canada.
alllllllssssssso you offered to send an exel spread sheet if somebody required it.
I do !
can you give me an e mail adress and I'll drop you a line etc etc.
Thanks mate. Glad the old piglet is now sorted
Steve

Montedarlo said...

Hi Steve. I can send you a copy no problem. Email me at montedarlo@hotmail.co.uk and I will get it straight to you.
Cheers,Phil

Javi said...

Hope to smell your BBQ somewhere out there,some spanish food is always going with me,let's start the party!!

Nice blog,Phil!

Greetings from Ontario!

Montedarlo said...

Hi Javitxu. You are welcome any time to join the BBQ.
You have nice blog, I have added you to my list of sites and I am sure any of my spanish readers will love it.
Gracias.

Trkrjim said...

Charcoal grill? very nice. You will make friends fast at the truck stop.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, The grill always got a crowd in Europe so I expect it will over here. Like I said a Walmart is never too far away so roll on the summer and those long lazy nights.