Monday, April 21, 2008

Flying J showers and points

Hi, this is really aimed at drivers over here already. Recently I have had problems with getting a "Bad card read" when swiping my points card at the Flying J truckstops. Sometimes its fine but if you want your free shower you need to go into the station and collect your receipt and have the points added manually which can be a pain if there is a queue.
I have been told that if you enter the card number on the keypad when prompted to swipe your card the points and shower will be added just dont hit the enter button before you put in your card number.
I have not tried this yet as I have been running in Canada but any feedback would be appreciated. I will try it next time I fuel at a J and let you know if it works.
Cheers, Phil

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi phil,did you bring your laptop from the uk or buy it there? is canada not a diff voltage ?

cheers
Steve

Montedarlo said...

Hi Steve, I have a UK Laptop as well as a Canadian one and the uk one works fine . If you check the power supply it should be rated 110v - 220v. All you need to do is buy an adapter to plug it in or cut the plug off and buy a new one to fit.
Cheers

Dave Caldwell said...

Phil, entering your flying j card number manually does work but do that for now and get them to send you a new card. You have worn out the magnetic strip on the back lol

Trkrjim said...

At the Kiosk, have them send you a new card. it will have the same number. I have 2 for convienence. that will probably take care of the problem.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Dave, I have another card on the way. I did know the strip was knackered just didnt say it in the blog,lokk like a bit of a fool now LOL

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, hope you are well. I ordered another card, but use the method I mentioned to tide me over.
Cheers