Saturday, April 12, 2008

I feel awesome !!


Hi all, I think the lazy drive to Utah has done me the world of good and with not even setting the alarm clock for a week or so I have caught up on some rest that I didnt realise I needed. I feel great and all of a sudden everything is good.
The unload at Walmart in Corrine UT went really well then it was off to just south of Salt lake city to load which is what I did today. Had a bit of a faff on sorting out the axles and am at present 180lbs over on the drives but that should be ok when I have used some fuel up.
I havent posted the trip details for a while so the map shows the trip from Vancouver to Trenton Ontario.
The route is as follows :
Salt lake city(Utah), Cheyenne(Wyoming), Omaha(Nebraska), Davenport(Iowa), Joliet(Illinois) Gary(Indiana), Detriot(Michigan), Mississauga(Ontario), Trenton(Ontario).
Tomtom has the distance from Salt lake to Trenton at 2012miles so that will keep me busy for a few days.
So, all in all things are going good again now I have settled into Piglet. I still need to get the speed issue sorted out but its not that urgent.
Roll on May 1st as thats when I should be in Syracuse New York blazing a trail with my bro in law Lee. I cant wait for the next few weeks to pass by.

4 comments:

Kevin F said...

Blogg spot on mate,keep it going.

Kev

Montedarlo said...

Cheers kev.
Pleased you enjoy reading it.
Best wishes, Phil

Kevin F said...

Can i ask when you where in the uk,did you work for Allison's ??

Montedarlo said...

Hi Kev, I never worked for Allinsons. I left a company in Durham (Northern Transport) and before that I was on the car transporters for Autocarriers from Stockton. Before them I did containers for a bit and before that I worked for the Dutch.
Cheers,Phil