Thursday, May 8, 2008

I made it to the church on time.


The weather was beautiful
Me with Eric's Grandma
The wedding partyCutting the cake.



Hi people, sorry its been a while since I posted but I have been busy having some "me time".
Had some hassle renting a car as a lot of places had sold out but eventually got one so filled it with the stuff from the truck and set off south.
The destination was a place called Bouckville NY and it was 273 miles door to door.
I met the groom probably 5yrs ago on Xbox live where a group of us would meet up regularly and play games. Since then he has visited the UK twice,the last time bringing Stacy his future wife and Lee my bro in law has flown to NY on a couple of occasions for holidays.
Bouckville is very rural and is a small tight knit community and the Nower family all work the farm as well as having regular jobs.
I couldnt have wished for a better welcome as the whole family made me quickly feel at home so I would like to thank them all, they are really lovely people.
The wedding itself went without a glitch,nobody made a scene because of drink,no family fueds just a great day. I was particularly impressed with the fact that the Minister attended both supper with the whole family on the night before the wedding and the reception party.Also the photographer took memory cards from everyone, uploaded them to his laptop and then burnt a disc for the happy couple which I would guess contained in excess of 1500 pictures.
Eric and Stacy had the night to themselves in a hotel and that rounded off a perfect day.
It was nice to see how a typical family live as all you really see is stuff on the TV and in movies. Thanks again to the Nower's for letting me into your homes and for being very welcoming. Its a pleasure to know you all.

No comments: