Friday, May 23, 2008

Taking waste paper to Oregon City



Hi everyone. Not much has really happened the last few days. Arrived in Calgary,dropped the trailer and waited to be despatched.
I was preplanned on a load going to Sioux City Iowa but as it didnt load for a few days I was taken off that. Then a load to Los Angeles was on the cards but the load wasnt ready intime for me to take it so I presume it was given to a team to run down which is a shame as I wanted to get some jeans from the outlet mall at Primm Nevada.
The satellite beeped again and I was give a load of waste newsprint to run into Oregon. I am parked at Post Falls and have about 380 miles to run into the customer but there is no rush as it won't unload until about 9pm.
The weather has been miserable the last few days, grey,raining and pretty chilly temperatures have hit Alberta and as I ran across the Crowsnest Pass into British Columbia the snow is still on top of the Rockies.
I have Sirius satellite radio in the truck and had enough of tuning the stereo into a empty channel so I could get a clear reception so I bought a new stereo with an auxillary port and a lead to connect the two together. It works great when the truck is turned off but it picks up a lot of interference when the truck is running, its so bad that I cant bare the whining noise and resort to finding an empty channel and using it that way.
I have been thinking about returning to the UK for a few weeks pretty soon. The cheapest flights seem to be through "Canadianaffair" and a return from Calgary to Manchester is about $600 all in. It seems to be cheaper as well to book a single flight to Manchester then while in the UK book the return. I have just looked for someone to fly out here from Manchester and the cheapest I could get was for the end of May and cost 303 GBP return which is not bad as the car I hired for a week to go to New York almost cost the same.
So, thats about all for now.Speak soon.

2 comments:

Trkrjim said...

i have a delphi radio withthe freightliner logo on it that has sirius built in. they also have them with xm. ryder or penske could hook you up with one i bet. you would activate it the same way as what you have now. another option is to just unplug the am/fm radio antenna from the back of your radio. and then it will only pick up the satelite signal. there are a few other options too, if you need more ideas hit me up.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim. I have the sirius radio, and a stereo that has a jack plug socket to accept the sirius. I think there is a bad electrical connection or a problem with the alternator. I will get Penske to have a look as it also interferes with the CB Radio.