Sunday, May 25, 2008

Walmart Refunds

Hi, as you may know I bought a new stereo for the truck simply so I could jack my Sirius Radio into the Aux Port which in turn meant that I didnt have to constantly retune the radio to get an empty station so that I could hear Sirius.
Well I lost my temper with the constant whining noise and retuning so I packed the radio up and returned it to walmart.
I purchased the Stereo in Montana and returned it in Idaho which isnt a problem,far from it. As Montana is tax free (so to speak) and Idaho isnt I was refunded not only the full cost of the Stereo but I also received the tax back as if I had made the purchase in Idaho, an extra $11.
So I suppose the moral of the story is to buy your stuff in Montana and if you should need to return it then do so out of State and then you get a little extra back.

4 comments:

Trkrjim said...

I hate Wal-Mart, this week I have 4 seperate deliveries to their grocery warehouses, 2 in Ohio AND 2 in Pennsylvania. 2 or 3 pallets per delivery and I still have to PAY THEM $50 to take it off the truck at each stop. When Wal-Mart fall Trkrjim will be there to kick them!!

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, I share your feelings regarding lumpers fees. I think you might have quite a wait before you can kick them when they are down but who knows whats going to happen. Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

WTH? You have to pay them to unload their stock?

As for the $11 tax, wont you have to give some it back next year?

Montedarlo said...

Hi Deusnk. Yup, in a lot of places you need to pay to be unloaded. If you look at the comments bit on my May 18th post Rooster asked a similar question.
As for the Tax it goes into my pocket as its not classed as income and nobody knows about it anyway.Cheers,Phil