Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spectacle wearing in Canada

Hi, Tom who signed my guestbook brought up a good point regarding the eyesight test and the wearing of glasses.
If I remember rightly when I arrived I surrendered my UK licences and took and passed my truck test, it was when the examiner came to sign my pass certificate he noticed I had not taken an eye exam so I was whisked off to the Licencing office and took the eye test.
This consisted of looking into a machine and reading the letters until they got so small I couldnt make them out and that was it. I have spoke to other drivers who were tested for colour blindness and also field of vision but this never happened to me.
The test was taken while wearing my glasses.
There is an endorsment on the back of my licence that states I must wear "Adequate lenses" and I presume I would be deemed to be unfit to drive without them.
I expected the eye exam to be a bit more stringent but it was a walk in the park.
Hope this post helps, cheers

2 comments:

Trkrjim said...

Yoe want to make sure you have them with you, even if you were wearing contacts. Some dummy would put you out of service down here.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, I really should get a second pair as if I lose these then I could have problems as you mention.
Hope all is well. cheers Phil