Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Back after no internet connection


Hi all, have been struggling to get internet access since my last post so here we go again.
Things have been pretty grim this last week as I have had way too much unpaid time off in places I would rather not be. It started last Monday when I only did a few hours and dropped my loaded trailer in the yard at Lethbridge. Then I was told to reset my hours even though there was no need. I left Wednesday to collect a trailer from High River and by the time it was ready I was too late to clear meat inspection so back to Lethbridge. I was told I was unloading Sunday morning at 0700 so booted it down to Booneville Arkansas and found out they dont open until 2000 so that was another wasted day as I only did 3hr driving. Come Monday the satellite was beeping and I was told they were waiting to load my trailer as soon as I arrived. So 530 empty miles later I arrived at Friona Texas,dropped the trailer and waited,and waited,and waited. The fact is I bloody waited from 1800 on Monday until 2300 on Tuesday. I was furious but there is nothing you can do except grit your teeth and bare it. I wasn't leaving at 2300 so went to bed and left this morning at 0600. Once again I reset my hours without the need to, in a bloody meat factory that stinks to high heaven,with no facilities.
I know I could of gone elsewhere but you never know when the load will be ready and I am on a tight timescale as it is so I sat and waited.
I am left with roughly 1600 to do in just over 2.5 days, its do-able but its not the way I like to work.
Tonight I am at the Flying J at Joplin Missourri. I could really do with a beer but that will have to wait.Its an early start in the morning,I have loads of laundry to do and need some food.
With a bit of luck things should pick up tomorrow and I won't be feeling so pi**ed off.

No comments: