Friday, December 14, 2007

Trip to Nampla Idaho


The above pic is of Lethbridge with the sun just coming up. It was taken on my way from Calgary to the yard to pick up some documents to get me into the states.
On Thursday I banged the miles out and parked at a place called Dubios Idaho which was a small gas station in the middle of nowhere but they had hot coffee and hotdogs so I was more than happy.
I set off again this morning and arrived at the customer at 12 noon so all was good.I booked in and returned to my truck to find a message on the satellite saying I had to unload then give my empty trailer to another truck as they had some problems with the meat inspection and I would have to sit and wait to deliver there load. Brilliant,I had just come off a 36hr break and now they were saying I might have to wait until monday.
At about 5pm the load was cleared and they pulled it out of the back. I sent an empty message to dispatch but was told to call them in the morning, so for the umpteenth time lately I have done nothing today and now have to wait for a load. No money is made this way and to be honest its starting to grate on me a little.
So here I am parked up at Flying J, Boise Idaho planning on wether to have the buffet or something off the menu, decisions eh !!!!!

No comments: