Thursday, December 27, 2007

Nearly drove into Mexico


Hi all, arrived at Laredo last night about 7pm, had a quick shower,tea and watched "I am Legend" yes I know its just come out but where there is a will there is a way.
Slept in by 30 mins this morning so was in a bit of a panic and rushed off before any coffee had been drunk.
The satellite in the trucks has a function where it will give you directions to where you need to be but it was too late in replying (my fault)and I sailed past the exit I needed which was a big mistake. Only a few miles down the road I was met with locked gates, security fences and flashing red lights, I had arrived at the Mexican border. Crap !!
Worse of all was the fact there was no where to turn around so it was up and over the kerbs and onto the other side of the road. With antics like that I will probably be on "Police,camera,action" USA as the place is bound to be rife with CCTV.
I arrived at the customer and there was a few H&R trucks already there. Paperwork was handed in I was told to wait. Half an hour later I was told I will be unloaded at 0800 tomorrow morning. This is standard practice so I had a brew and fired 3929 up all ready to head back to the truckstop. I hadnt got 20 yards and was told to pull onto bay 4. Cool.
The customs official happily watched me break the seals and back onto the dock. No sooner had this happened a bloke from the office came running out saying there had been a mistake and they had got the wrong truck.The seals had been broken which is a nasty situation to be in regardless of the fact I was at the customers premises.
No fear, the customs officer said he could reseal the trailer and everything would be ok tomorrow morning. As pleasant as he was, I dont believe him and tomorrow I forsee big problems when I try to deliver the load. Watch this space.....

No comments: