Friday, December 28, 2007

Lazy days in the sun.


Ola. Well had a lazy day yesterday. Played on the internet for a while then drove to a shopping mall where I had a tasty lunch (Rack of baby back ribs,fries,salad) for $10.99 and did a bit of shopping for essentials at Walmart. Did I mention that it was 80F with a cool breeze ? The rest of the day was spent doing nothing but relaxing and catching up on some paperwork.
This morning,I returned to the customer and was overjoyed to see the same customs officer who had sealed my trailer. In 2 hours I was empty and waiting for my next load.
"Beep". 3 collections about 2 hours away and loading for Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
The first was a bitch and took ages to find. It was one of those where everyone knows where it is but in reality none of them do. Loading was pretty rapid and the next collection was 20mins away. Found this no problem and collected one pallet of grapefruit. The third place was hidden but I found it after a few attempts and the loading was complete. As you should know by now you must always wiegh the load to ensure you are legal so its off to the nearest scale. Bad news, not only am I over on the trailer with no scope for adjustment as the truck is legal but I am 1000lbs over on my gross wieght. A quick phone call to H&R and I was told to go to bed and they would sort it in the morning. Cool, that will do for me. So me and the load of grapefruits and limes are going to have an early night. Night night !

3 comments:

highway to hell said...

hi there, i have read your page for the last few weeks and thanks for all the information you have posted, myself and my girlfriend are flying to canada on the 30th of jan , and i will also be working for h&r at lethbridge. you seem to be having a good time, ( well most of the time anyway) i notice in one of your posting's you mention sutton bank so i presume you arde from the lincolnshire area, i have worked for several companys around spalding over the last eight years doing european work, anyway it would be nice to see you when i get over to lethbridge , i hope you have a good new year, by for now. Jim Trinder

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim. Thanks for the comments on the blog. I am originally from Darlington. I used Sutton Bank as an example as it is how I imagined what the mountains would be like over here only bigger. Best wishes for the New Year and maybe we can meet up in the Sandman for a pint.
Anything I can help you with just get in touch.
Cheers,Phil

Montedarlo said...

Just a quickie Jim while I remember. By now you should of received 2 highway code books from VRV. Read them both cover to cover as the test you will take uses all aspects of the book, not just HGV. You will be suprised at how many lads fail it 2 or 3 times.
Cheers for now, any questions just ask.
Phil