Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hurricane warnings. !


Morning, its 0730 and a beautiful day. Its hard to believe its winter. Had a good run yesterday after having a pallet of grapefruit taken off the load. The picture above was taken on H-281 somewhere between Mission and Alice,Texas. One of the things I want to see while I am here is a hurricane/tornado/twister, call them what you will. It must be an awesome sight.
The road yesterday was littered with fruit stalls,almost every half mile you could buy citrus and melons. Spaced in between these are stalls selling fireworks and I have lost count of how many of them I have seen, New year must literally go with a bang in the states. One again I will be working both New years eve and day. The money is too good to turn down plus I would only be sat on my own in some hotel.
Drove just under 1000km yesterday and the time seemed to fly by I could of kept going as for some reason I felt good. I think it may be because of the sun I have been getting the last few days, I hope I dont suffer from that sunlight deficiency thing,S.A.D isnt it ?
Looking at doing the same mileage today as I need to deliver 2 jan 08.
For Papa, here is my route.
Texas...Mission,Edinburg,San Antonio,Dallas
Oklahoma.....Ardmore,Oklahoma city
Kansas....Wichita
Nebraska.....Omaha
North Dakota...Fargo, Portal

Canada Saskatchewan...North portal,Regina,Saskatoon

No comments: