Friday, November 30, 2007

I got my truck back !







Hi all, well checked out of the Sandman Hotel and went to H&R.
Saw Deb and was told I had to bobtail to High River (100mls) and pick up my trailer. All went sweet, helped a mate slide his axles as they had frozen solid then on my way by 2pm. As it was so late I could not clear meat inspection so dropped the trailer in the yard and went to Safeway as they are open all night and have wireless internet. In the morning I found out some trailers had been broken into and boxes had been stolen. Bear in mind 50 x 25kg of prime rib costs a fair whack.
Anyway, meat inspection was busy but I was cleared to go in about an hour so off I went to pick up my truck. From now on I shall call her 3929 which is my fleet number.
I got to Billings Montana about 1730, the picture above is the city from the main road that runs by the airport.
On the way though there was a few dramas. The snow in Alberta/Montana is very dry, almost like flourand it likes to get blown about. The pic above shows how visibility can be reduced instantly if the wind pics up or a truck clips some of the snow. I went from 65mph to 20mph in a matter of seconds as I was totally blinded.
At Billings the handover of the rental truck went smooth and I set off in 3929.
The comfort,space and gearbox seemed like heaven considering what I had been used to for the last 13 days, it was a pleasure to have her back.
Today,saturday 30th has been pretty uneventful really. Bought a few bits and pieces from Walmart and drove 805km. Parked at the Flying J Limon/Colorado which is a bit of a hole as the truck park is a dust bowl. Still, it has everything you want and good food.
Right, off for some tea now, its 1930 and going to check the menu for something different to eat.

No comments: