Thursday, November 15, 2007

Waiting for empty trailer




Sat in Calgary at the minute in the Flying j truckstop waiting for an empty trailer so I can load for Texas. Not keen on sitting about but at least I can get a shower and they have Internet access here. Today I bought a George Foreman grill for the truck and it got christened with a big fat steak. The trucks are fitted with a sort of small generator which not only charges the batteries but provides aircon,night heating and mains voltage into the truck. Long gone are the days of buying a 12 or 24v Tv for £200. A quick trip to Walmart will get you a 15" flatscreen for £100 and I think one of them will be my next purchase.
My last trip was from Edmonton-Alberta to the yard in Delta-British Columbia which involves driving through the Rockies. All in all its a good trip but winter is starting to raise its ugly head and the snow and sub-zero temperatures are well on there way.
I dropped the trailer in Delta and picked up a loaded one to come back to Edmonton with. This was dropped in the Yard at Edmonton and another loaded trailer was picked up which I brought to Calgary. Have done hardly any miles today which is a waste but the Texas trip should make up for that.
Once I work out how to add pictures to the blog I will post some as the Rockies are a magnificent sight and the whole purpose of this blog is to share stuff with you.
Well its 10pm here so time for bed I think.
Until next time,

No comments: