Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting my truck back. Wahey !!!!!


Hi all, its been a few days since the last post but I haven't forgotten about you.
The drive up from the Grand Canyon was ok, I got to see a bit of Utah on monday morning and its quite nice, plenty of mountains and 6 lane highways once you hit Salt Lake City.
Haven't told you yet but when you load from the states you have to clear customs to bring the load into Canada. Its quite an easy process which involves a lot of copying and faxing to the broker who deals with the import. A barcode system is used and if all goes well you pull up to the checkpoint at the Canadian border, they scan the code,stamp your paperwork and off you go. Easy. The process is a little different if you are bringing meat/meat products or deravitives of meat.
So I arrived back in Canada monday at about 1100 and ran to the yard.
The load had been rebooked so the trailer was dropped and I was told the good news...My truck is fixed Hooray.
I need to get to Billings Montana so a load had to be found which will take me that way. Deb, my fleet manager sorted me out with a load to Booneville Arkansas but it doesnt load until tomorrow which is Wednesday ,so, here I am in the old faithful Sandman hotel.
H&R drivers get a discounted rate when we stop here, its roughly half price and costs $54 per night. As I didnt get finished till late afternoon I stayed at the hotel carpark and slept in the truck. When I woke up there was about 3" of snow on the ground and the temperature had plummeted to -12c. Its freezing !
As I write this blog Tuesday 27 2000hr the snow is gently falling again so god knows what it will be like in the morning. Its only a few days ago I was sweating in temps of 28c.
Ok, am going to post a few pointers for any lads coming over here in the near future in the side bar and then watch some TV.
Will keep you up to date while on my trip to Arkansas.

No comments: