Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Delivery to Tyler Texas - Done !




All done, load delivered a day and a half late which isnt bad considering the hold ups.
Left Wichita Falls and drove 4hr to Tyler which involved tackling Dallas. I have never been to Dallas before and was a bit apprehensive as I needed to make the delivery time and couldn't afford to lose any time so out came the Tomtom and the address was programmed in. I have to say that the route it took me was not the one I would of taken but it went seamlessly considering the screen looked like a young child had gone mad with a crayon on a freshly painted wall. 232 miles covered in 4 hours.
Since I have been in the rental truck a few things have come to my attention, the big one being not having satellite communication. I need to call dispatch at least 3 times a day, I cannot request directions and if I break down again I am in big trouble as I don't have a cell phone. I have to write everything down and hope I don't lose the scrap of paper. The pain in the backside satellite is a godsend !
Anyway, I have my reload instructions through and will post where I am going when I get it confirmed tomorrow. When told, my response was "What, you do realise I am on the east side of Texas". Dispatch simply replied "yes, head towards ????????? and call in enroute tomorrow afternoon."
So thats it for now, parked up at Flying J in Tye Texas and off to bed.
Till next time........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose you met the Ewings along the way??!!!

Montedarlo said...

No sight of the Ewings but did ask where South Fork was and looked on the map for it. Thing is, Dallas may not of actually been shot in Dallas.Something to google I think