Thursday, April 9, 2009

Playing the waiting game in Mississauga Ontario

Taken in Indiana I think..its not where I am eating tonight

Left you on my way to Iowa with a stop in Minnesota thrown in for good measure. Arrived at the customer about 7pm for a delivery at 9.30 the following morning and tried my luck at getting offloaded. If I was prepared to park on a "no parking" street until they "possibly" would call me sometime through the night then I "might" be offloaded. After about 2 seconds debating whether it was worth it I said my goodbye's and left to find some parking. Arrived back the next morning, backed onto a door and 2hrs later i was free to head on down to Mason City Iowa.
No problems either at this customer, was an hour early, backed straight onto a door and was leaving almost exactly at the time I was due to deliver. Things seemed to be going well so I waited for my next load.
It was a miracle, sent my empty call and within minutes I had a preplan to load out of Illinois. Accepted that and headed for some food. Had the load assignment when I returned so booted it to Wenona Illinois.
Parked for the night near the collection and ran in at 8am the follwing morning. Dropped my empty and picked up a loaded trailer, to be honest I couldnt believe how well things were going.
There was no big rush to get this load to Toronto so I took my time, had plenty of time off, did a bit of shopping and dropped the trailer this morning (thursday) at the yard in Mississauga.
Thats it folks. If nothing happens to change things then its a big steak for tea from the Steakhouse right next door to the truckstop. Lovely

This is nice to see, people involved in the crash giving each other a hug.

3 comments:

Tom said...

Its not often things roll along as if someone "planed" it. Make the most of it, as it dosen't happen that much.

Ian Sayer said...

Hello Monte, I'm a driver from your neck of the woods - I used to work for David McCune in Aycliffe (remember Them?)I've been reading all of the blogs for a while, and I've got to say, yours is the best, mainly because you take the time to spell and punctuate properly! Honestly, I think you give the most balanced account of life as it is for a British truck driver over there - keep it up!

Montedarlo said...

Hi Ian, I read your article on Grumpy's site the other day and thought it highlighted the differences of trucking in the UK and North America very well.
Thanks for your comments, they are very much appreciated.
I always try to give an unbiased view at life over here.
Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.
Best wishes, Phil