Friday, April 17, 2009

Just for fun....houses for sale in Iowa

Due to the amount of time I spend in Iowa I had a look on the internet at some realtors (estate agent) sites, not with an intent to buy but more out of curiosity.
I selected 4 homes, two from west Iowa (Sioux City) and two from the east (Waterloo).
Each house would suit me down to the ground and I have picked an easily affordable place and a mortgage needed place.
I have no idea what the area is like surrounding each property, like I said its just for fun and all prices are in US Dollars.

Sioux City...$92,500

Waterloo....$92,000
Sioux City....$45,000
Waterloo....$40,000

2 comments:

Trkrjim said...

I like living in Iowa City because the University brings a lot of interesting things to town to see and do. For trucking, you just can't beat living in Iowa. From here you can turn either coast pretty easily and be right back home before anybody even misses you.Northwest corner of the State is very nice, places like Orange City, Le Mars, and Cherokee are very neat and tidy. They also show a lot of their ethnic pride. Orange City Like Pella and was settled by the Dutch and both places look straight out of the Netherlands to a mid-westerner like me. Pella has a big windmill and a tulip festival. That's where you want to concentrate your search Monty.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, hope you enjoyed your time off.
I was just browsing mainly from curiosity as to the house prices.
We deliver to Le Mars so I will have a bit of a look around when I next get that job.

Cheers for now,
Phil