Sunday, April 19, 2009

Countdown to my holiday begins !!!

Hi all, well the last 4 or 5 days has really been a waste of time.
After the never ending trip from Mississauga to Delta I had my reset and then waited. Eventually I was given the Coca-Cola run to Kamloops British Columbia and when I arrived at the shipper they had no empty trailers so therefore I had to run back to Delta and pick up an empty. Sods law that while I was gone we had 3 trailers dropped off at Coca-Cola. Anyway I loaded, ran to Kamloops and was empty in 15mins.
As I had a late finish it meant I had to start late and ended up running to Osoyoos to do the milk round collection of apples bound for Calgary. Luckily I only had 3 collections and as it was a Saturday all of the shippers were waiting for me and I never really had any wasted time at any of them. Took my time running back and dropped the trailer in Calgary for it to be unloaded through the night. Picked up a loaded trailer at the yard and at the minute I am sat on the unloading dock at Medicine Hat Alberta hoping for an early delivery in the morning.
The pictures are from a place called Craigellachie British Columbia and although the visitors entrance is closed for the season I managed to clamber over the rocks to get these pictures; which thinking about it was a silly thing to do as I could of slipped on the moss,hurt myself and god knows how long it would of been before anyone had found me.
The pictures have been shot in HDR (High Dynamic Range) and tweaked a little, hope you like them !!



7 comments:

Dave Caldwell said...

Love the photos Phil, some lovely shots there.
Stay safe

Montedarlo said...

Hi Dave, pleased you like them...they look good as a desktop background.
You should of warned me about staying safe before I started climbing over bloody wet rocks; came out ok in the end though.

Cheers,Phil

The Big Ape said...

Good day Phil. I just came upon your site. I will follow you now looking for more great photos. You do awesome work with a camera! Try and keep the shiny side up, and a keen eye for more great photo ops.

Tony T said...

another holiday phil ?

are u having a trip to the uk ?
All the best TT

mickfly said...

Nice piccies Phil...have a great holiday.
Drink safe.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Big Ape, thanks for the comments and I hope you continue to enjoy reading the blog.

Thanks,Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tony and Mick, good to hear from you. Yeah, back home for a few weeks then back to the grind.
Keep trucking lads !!