Friday, April 3, 2009

A quick catch-up

Bonjour. Well my last post went down like a lead balloon, not one comment, email, nothing. I had that post planned for weeks and it sank faster than a sinking thing. Happy Aprils fools day.
So, lets move on. Ran to Sioux City Iowa and was unloaded. Left there the following morning and ran 500 miles or so empty to Little Chute Wisconsin where I loaded pizza the same night. Hit some bad weather around North Dakota which eased up. Cleared customs at Portal North Dakota and ran into Calgary where I dropped the trailer last night. Have been planned for a load back south which should be ready tomorrow morning and is bound for....I am sure you dont need 3 guesses....Iowa !!





8 comments:

Goodwin said...

Is that you following a Plough, That is truly Shocking Phil, yr letting the team down........ LOL

Hope you enjoy Iowa Again.................

Montedarlo said...

Hi Graeme, yup I was following a plough....but....its the same plough as in the pic where the truck has slid off the road and I could see the cop lights in the distance.

Normally its a quick shout to the plough driver on the CB to check its ok to pass him and I am on my way.

Cheers,Phil

Trkrjim said...

If you lived here, you would be home by now. "is this heaven?" com'n movie fans, what comes next in answer to that?

Montedarlo said...

I know the answer. Very appropriate for where you live !!!

Hope you are enjoying your time off.

Speak soon, Phil

mickfly said...

Nice pics Phil. ND was where I had my little mishap in lousy weather, but was lucky enough not to bury, or jacknife it.
Drive safe.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, yeah I remember you saying...thought about it while I was clipping through ND.
Heading down there again and the weather is terrible apparentley.

C'est la vie !!

Anonymous said...

Waddaya mean April Fool ...I ran one of them critters over on wednesday!

Montedarlo said...

Hi Anon, hope you got through it ok as rumour has it that they can pop a truck tyre.
Nasty little pieces of work they are and not to be underestimated.

All the best,Phil