Saturday, January 5, 2008

Quick trip to British Columbia.


Hi all, just finished a quick trip to Creston BC with a load of Budweiser. The weather wasnt too bad and the snow pretty much held off. The night heater on the truck gave up(again) and thankfully it was pretty mild outside. The heater is getting fixed or replaced today.
I tipped and loaded out of the same warehouse which in theory should of been great but wasn't. I unloaded at 10am and was ready to reload. The load wasnt ready but I was assured it would only be an hour. One hour soon became 7 and I pulled out at 18.45. The weather was closing in and on the trip back 2 trucks had lost control,one was laid on its side. I cannot understand how he did it as I could drive at 50-60mph no problem so I think he must of fallen asleep.
After earning next to nothing all day I wrapped it up early as I couldnt be bothered and parked at the Husky truckstop Cranbrook. As I write this I am parked at Calgary.I need to drop the trailer then get to Thermoking and get the heater fixed.
My next trip is possibly across to Toronto (Ontario) which is fun as in previous posts I have called the road there a "bitch". Its not my favourite run and I am not looking forward to it.

1 comment:

highway to hell said...

Hi Phil thanks for adding my blog to yours, i am reading the books now, they have some strange ways of doing things over there !. Jim