Sunday, January 13, 2008

Confirmed.........its bananas !

Hi,black is the outward load,red is empty miles and blue is the homeward leg of the trip
Its been confirmed. I need to load bananas out of Port Hueneme CA. So far its been a great run down, shoes off,feet up, cruise control and music on. On a few occasions I have even found myself smiling for no reason. The run down has taken me past San Fransisco,through sacremento and I am bound for the Port which is just slightly North West of Los Angeles. I should load tomorrow morning and fingers crossed have the night off in Las Vegas Whoo-hoo! I will need to get some directions for parking as I know that you can park just off the main strip but I dont want to take a wrong turn. So far this trip has covered the following :
Idaho.....Boise
Oregon...Pendleton,Biggs,Bend,Klamath Falls.
California..Weed,Redding,Sacremento,Bakersfield,Ventura,Port Hueneme.
The return leg is :
California.....Santa Clarita,Palmdale,Victorville.
Nevada.........Las Vegas,Mesquite
Utah..........Cedar city,Salt Lake City
Idaho.........Idaho Falls
Montana.......Butte,Great Falls,Sweetgrass.
Alberta.......Calgary,Edmonton.

5 comments:

jako said...

hi montedarlo,just checking the map,did u take i5 allthe way from oregan to sacremento thats wot it looks like on the map is it really that straight forward,then did you take 126 to ventura then the 101 to the port,do you plan your own routes or are they planned for you,if you get my meaning...jako

jako said...

hey montedarlo,its me again,on the return leg,when you go from palmdale to victorville will you take the 138 onto 18 if so do you get weight limits on any of the routes,sorry to be a bore...jako

Anonymous said...

Hi Monte,

Keep up the good pictures. So how has H&R been lately? Have you seen or heard of any more new drivers coming into Canada in the last few weeks?

Take it easy mate.

Andy

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jako. I ran the I-5 all the way down from Oregon to Santa Clarita in California. It really is that easy. All routes are planned for you and sent over the satellite. Its advised to stick to the routes as the fuel stops are calculated along them and also if you breakdown then in theory you shouldnt be too far from help. There is no weight limits on H-138 to Victorville, just open spaces and desert.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Andy, have no news regarding new drivers. I dont really get into Lethbridge so I dont get any gossip. i called in to the yard about a week ago but I was in and out, just collect my mail, that sort of stuff.