Sunday, January 13, 2008

Change of plan...California...Oh No !!!!



Well all was going well, had driven 300 miles north heading for Portland Oregon when the satellite beeped and I was asked to call the office asap. The load had been cancelled and would I mind driving the 800 miles south to California for a load of oranges. I couldnt say no so here I am with 300 miles to go. The satellite has just beeped again and now I might be loading bananas which means I am 525 miles short of my destination if they choose this option. Its all good as empty miles pay the same as loaded.
The photos above are of a railway bridge which is over 100yrs old and spans a gorge which is 300ft deep. Its a pretty awesome sight and I spent a while just sat there and looking at it. Now I look back at the pics, what the hell was I doing balancing on a wet rock right at the edge of a 300ft fall ?
Anyway, the weather is great today,its 10am local and its 65f so the day looks like its going to be a warm one. I am at the flying j Corning and am about to get a shower and some food. I plan on parking somewhere south of Fresno California tonight and if all goes well that should be about 6pm.

If you loose control on some of the hills you have this option, personally hitting this at runaway speed is more scary than taking my chances and carrying on down the slope !!
Thats all for now. Speak soon

No comments: