Sunday, November 30, 2008

A reality check.

About Me

I am a truck driver; I have always been a truck driver and probably always will.
I know my job and very rarely can I have the wool pulled over my eyes.
I have driven trucks in more than 25 countries and have covered what must be millions of miles over a 24 year period.
I consider myself to be a rare breed; I enjoy my job to such an extent that if I did not need the money I would do it as a hobby.
I am not a “dreamer” nor am I a “liar”. Yes I am from this planet and no, I do not pleasure myself too much.
I am not a Mentor, Prophet, God or a Guru. I write about what happens to me, things that affect me, how I handle situations and the way my life is panning out.

About this Blog

This Blog was created with the intention giving my family and friends a way to keep up with my travels and how I am keeping. As far as I am concerned that is the reason why I keep it up to date and post regularly.
However, I now have readers from all over the world who, thanks to the Internet have a portal to virtually travel with me and share my experiences.
This Blog is not a recruitment advertisement for the company I work for, nor is it a stone tablet into which is written the rules of driving and living in Canada.
Everything written is how I see it, if I express an opinion then that’s all it is, an opinion. If I write about my wages, hours I have worked or anything factual then its fact and can be proven.
At times, if asked, I will give advice to drivers looking to come and work in Canada. This is given with the best intentions and is nearly always based on my observations and experiences.
Occasionally, some of the things I say are taken out of context or I express details which may be privy to certain parties. I have no problem with editing or removing part of a post should this situation arise, likewise if a post is deemed to be offensive. However if I express an opinion or a thought then it will most likely not be removed as that’s all it is…an opinion or thought.
Finally I would like to thank you all for reading and taking the time out to log in. As always your comments are appreciated and can be left at the bottom of each post by clicking the “comments link.

7 comments:

John Witherspoon said...

Hi Phil,
Liked your post. Sounds like you're a bit pissed at the system. Me too, but the money still trickles in.

Hope to see you soon. We seem to be heading in opposite directions lately, but my heart's still with you.

Keep it up and hopefully we can do a trip together again soon

John

Anonymous said...

I would like to say a big thank you to yourself and Lyndon and English Mike and Koogs and all the other truckers who take the time to create a window for us to see what life as a trucker in Canada is like. Without these blogs accurate honest information on exactly what is expected of a long haul trucker would probably be impossible to come by. For drivers like myself wishing to come to Canada they are an invaluable source of information and must surely be appreciated the world over. Your honest opinions and hard work are most appreciated. Thankyou

Montedarlo said...

Hi John/Sandy. Its not so much pissed off its more frustrated and you are right the money trickles in.
Like you say we are always running the opposite way to each other but its only a matter of time before we bump into each other.
Feep smiling and I will see you soon.
Cheers.Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Graham T.
Its good that so many drivers take the time to do a blog, it gives prospective drivers a broad spectrum of what to expect should they decide to emmigrate.
Thanks for your kind words, its appreciated.
Cheers, Phil

Steve A said...

Hi Phil,
First comment i've left, but been following your blog for ages, My family and I are coming out to Canada Feb - Mar next year as I have a job with H&R, it seems to me like you have gtood days and bad days just like every other country I've drove in, hope to met up.

Steve A and Family

Montedarlo said...

Hi Steve and family. Good to hear from you.
Yup, things are pretty much up and down, same as everywhere else.
Loking forward to seeing you when you make it over here.
Good luck.
Phil

Tony T said...

Hi Me Old Pal,
Thx for ur comments on my Blog, i'll send u an email.
All the best Tony T