Friday, November 7, 2008

The last week or so...

Hello. If I remember rightly I was at Gary when I last posted and on my way to Montreal.
I crossed the border at Windsor where a very obnoxious female customs official allowed me into the country.
As I was bringing meat into the country I was hauled in for a full inspect but thankfully I was in and out within a few hours. Ran to the other side of Toronto ready for the final leg of the journey into Anjou Quebec.
The following morning I was advised the load had been rebooked for 0400 in the morning and if I liked I could drop the trailer and city would deliver it, so thats what I did.
At this point I was told that I wouldnt be paid for sitting in Storm Lake, was given the reasons and am waiting for this to be sorted as we speak.
So, was preplanned to go to Calgary, city would load the first drop at 13hr and then I was off to Trenton Ontario to load the second at 2000hr. It all went wrong from the start with the trailer not arriving in the yard until 1700hr, then dispatch didnt know which yard the trailer was at so a lap around Montreal airport at rush hour cost another hour. I arrived at Trenton at 2230hr and was loaded in an hour and a half.
Because of time lost I will be late for the delivery which had very tight parameters in the first place and of course.....its my fault as I shouldnt of accepted the preplan !!!
So, as far as I know I am switching trailers with someone who can make the ontime delivery and I am heading back to Montreal which I am looking forward to !!!

No comments: