Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween....sorry its a bit late


This was written on the 31st so excuse everything being in past tense.


The delivery wasnt too bad this morning, arrived at the wrong gate last night but it wasnt a problem. Had the internet courtesy of the company having an unlocked signal which is very good of them.
Sent the "empty" call to despatch and horror of horrors its back to Storm lake Iowa, the place I sat for two days only a few weeks ago. The load is going to Quebec which isnt too bad as at the minute I have plenty of time to get there plus its good miles.
So, have dropped the trailer and will check on it in the morning, have been shopping in Walmart and bought some photo paper so I can check to see how my efforts look in print......yes I have a printer in the truck. Initially I bought it to scan paperwork so if there ever was any dispute over the work I had done then I had it in print. Due to lack of use, not because I didnt do any work but I was to lazy to scan everything the black ink cartridge has dried up but as of today there is a fresh one in there.
Its Halloween tonight, people over here love it. Everyone I have spoken to are taken there kids "trick or treating", staff in the shops are dressed up, even the security girls at Carghills joined in the spirit of things.
Its nice to see the kids enjoying themselves, unlike the UK where all the kids (teenagers) scrounge for money with the threat of wrecking your property if you dont cough up some dough.

Back to the present time now....

Carghills screwed me again. I arrived at Storm Lake Iowa 1400hrs on Friday 31st, dropped the trailer and went back for it bright and early the following morning. It was loaded which was good, I had to scale it to confirm it was legal, ok so far, then I had to wait until 1930hrs for the paperwork which is exactly the same problem I had the last time I was here. In my eyes there is no excuse for this, I understand that the load has to be inspected by a vet but the trailer was sealed and all of this had been done. Its a massive waste of my time.
So an easy trip has gone wrong again courtesy of someone screwing up or just not doing there job. Its arse !!!!!!!!!!
Parked at Gary Indiana, could of done a few more hours but whats the point, will just do a big day tomorrow and make up time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,
Great shots, particularly the bottom one of the lake and mountains.
I'm hoping to get a DSLR at some point when I get over there, as I currently tend to use Cath's point and shoot Canon ixus (which is a great camera), but I like more control.

Strange word verification letters required today in the box below ...'nonce' lol.

Trkrjim said...

I make deliveries to the Tyson Plant there sometimes, didn't know Cargill was in town too.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Jim, yeah its a Tyson plant but they must be linked to Carghill as they use Carghills Bill of lading.
All in all its not a bad place to be stuck at as there is plenty of places to eat at and a Walmart a few miles away.
Take it easy, Phil

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick, the camera I use is a point and shoot but you can also use the manual settings which is beyond me. I have an adapter where I can screw filters on if I wish, I have an ultra violet one and a polariser.
At the minute I am hooked on photoshop elements and am trying to teach myself how to use it but even that is trial and error.
I too would like a DSLR but at the minute it would be a waste of money until I master the manual settings on the one I have now which is a Sony Cybershot H10.
Thanks for the comments on the pics.
Cheers,Phil