Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Greetings from billings Montana


Hello all. After waving tom goodbye it was work as usual which involved a switch (swap trailers) at a place called Craigellachie as I didnt have enough time to do the British Columbia load, reload and be back at High River in time for the load I have now which will take me to Sioux City Iowa.
Customs was a bit of a pain this morning as it was busier than usual and an hour was wasted in the line waiting to enter the States however meat inspection was a dream and I was there for no longer than 15mins.
As the title says I am parked at Billings as I only had 30 mins available to work. I think someone is looking over me as its notorious to get a parking space here but after fuelling I found what must of been the only free slot and low and behold I have a cracking internet signal. Glorious !!
Its a busy day tomorrow and will need to run the full 11hrs driving time which will still leave me a few miles over to run into Iowa for the delivery on the morning of the 31st. I prefer to get to the customer the night before but things dont always happen that way.
Most of my spare time lately has been taken up by photo-editing, I even bought a book on how to do it which is the size of a yellow pages. Things are slowly clicking into place but its all still a little confusing. The big pic at the top of the page shows the results of a lot of grief and swearing, the smaller picture is the untouched version which was taken running across to BC.
Hope you like them !!!

7 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Phil
yes I do like them, very nice pics.

Montedarlo said...

Thanks Cath. Had a look at yours and Mick's Panoramio page. Very impressive I might say.
Cheers Phil

Anonymous said...

wow, great job on the pic phi. i have this one as my desktop background right now, i ran it through paint shop pro auto enhance but it is nowhere near the quality of yours. Great pic that, good work. hat did you use?

Graham

Unknown said...

Hi Montedarlo, stunning photos, keep em coming, looking forward to an insite into your world this coming winter. Tell me this, you mentioned you had a good internet connection in Billings, How exactly do you connect from a truck ?, what technology do you need ? Do you sign up with a Company to avail of this service ?, if so which one ?
Safe driving, Hoop

Montedarlo said...

Hi Graham, thanks for the comments. I have Photoshop Elements 6 and came across a filter which has a months free trial. If you google "Topaz Adjust" you will find it. Its an awesome bit of kit which I will be buying when the trial runs out.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Graham, most laptops now come with built in wireless, if not you can cheaply but an adapter.
I have an account with Flying J truckstops which I bought for the year and cost about $200. Seems pretty steep but its available to use in all Flying J's plus a few others and I get 15GB of download per month, plus if I use it all its $10 for another 10 GB. I think when I was in the UK I was paying BT about 30 quid for 3GB.
Normally its pretty busy in the truckstops and if you get a lot of people sharing the internet signal it seems to kill it a bit but Billings was a good signal.
Pinching the internet off the customer I am delivering to at the minute as they have an open signal.
Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, I downloaded topaz. Great program and the presets are so easy to use, amazing enhancements to pics. Thanks.