Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tom's trip is over......


Since I was 17 and joined the army I have always found it easy to just get up,wave goodbye and go. The same was true when I did the European driving, gone for months at a time and didnt bat an eyelid about leaving people behind, I suppose its been bred into me.
Waving Tom off at the airport today was one of the hardest things I have had to do. To be honest it was bloody awful.
You all might not know that before I came to Canada Tom and I didnt see eye to eye on a few issues and I left without really speaking to him. While over here I didnt really think about him that much (thats horrible I know) The last 6 weeks have woken me up, he is almost an adult now and has grown really quickly into a very nice young man, just as I had hoped he would when he was a baby.
Tom, if you read this, and I hope you do, I love you very much indeed and will miss having you around. Who is going to make my coffee on a morning or fill my mug at the soda fountain? The truck windows will never be as clean again.
Make sure you carry out or at least try doing some of the things we spoke about, Darlington is not everything and your mates wont be there forever. Give life your best shot, look at me !
I hope your flight is a good one, as I write this you will be sat in the departure lounge no doubt checking out the air hostesses or trying your luck with some lady who is on the same plane.
Good luck Tom, I will always be here for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Phil, that is so sweet. I am really glad you and Tom have gotten close again, I'm sure he has taken home some fantastic memories from his stay with you and I'm also sure this is just the first of many visits for him. Lets hope he leaves it long enough for you to save up for it eh?!! lol

All the best
Tracy
xx

Montedarlo said...

Hi Tracy, good to hear from you again.
Yup, even had a bit bubble. Had to leg it away quickly when he went into departures.
He already has plans on coming back and he would be welcome anytime, I have really enjoyed having him over.

Speak soon, X