Saturday, October 4, 2008

1880 Town South Dakota










Hi all, I am still furious about the waste of time that was the last few days so I am saying nothing else about it.

The I-90 through South Dakota is a pleasant enough drive, it also has its fair share of things to see. Today Tom and I took some time out to visit the 1880 Town.
Although not an original town, all of the buildings and artifacts are. It was the brainchild of Richard Hullinger in 1972 who set upon himself to build an original attraction using period buildings.

I can recommend visiting, the cost is $9 and you can spend as much time as you like inside, for a meagre $5 you can rent period dress and walk around talking pictures whilst looking the part.
There is ample parking for big rigs although there was a sign saying "No overnight parking".

2 comments:

didster7 said...

hi phill thanks for the chat before my interview, i have got the job and got the contract at home to sign and send back. i will be coming over about march next year as i have still got to sell my house, i have just changed my job in u.k. so i will be home every night so i can do more research on the net, thanks again for the info and if i can not find info on the the net i will be asking you if that is ok,
thanks dave.

Montedarlo said...

No problem Dave, you are welcome.
March will soon come around, winter will be just about over and its a nice time of year.
Ask what you need and I will do my best to give you the answers.
Cheers,Phil