Saturday, October 25, 2008

To bring you up to date...




Well, after a few trips across the rocks I find myself sat in Calgary. Tom flies home tomorrow so its been difficult to get any decent work as I dont want him to miss his flight. So, just hanging around for the time being and waiting to see if anything needs running to Lethbridge or Edmonton which I dont think is going to happen.
The gossip factory seems to have been working overtime and word has got back that I am not happy with the way things are going. Its true and yesterday I had a chat with Steve W who said he would have a look into whats going on and fingers crossed things should get back on the same track they used to be.
Like I said, nothing has really happened this last week, I havn't even taken many pictures but come Monday things should get back to normal.

Just a scary thought to leave you with. Tom has found out that you can drive a truck over here at 18yrs old, now that puts the fear of christ into me....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get sorted out Phil, we are due out on December 3rd, so hope to meet up at some point.
Tried to add you to my Skype, but no luck (nor with Lyndon).
Nice pictures as usual, and I'm sure your lad will take home some good memories.

Anonymous said...

hi phil,
we're all still loving the blog over here in 'sunny' worthing.don't get too despondent mate.could be worse,you could still be in blighty!
take care
jools and family
worthing u.k.

Montedarlo said...

Hi Mick and Jools.
I think I must of been spoilt since I came here, things are slow and its grating on me a bit.
I look forward to meeting you, had a chat with happy DJ the other day and trying to get to mentor him for his first trip.
He has a good site and can be found on my blog its called UKtoCA.
I think Tom has really enjoyed it and is talking about not wanting to go home.

Cheers,Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil, how many Dad's can give their sons a tour of North America?

We have been looking at happy dj's site, hope you have fun with him!

Martin said...

Has anyone seen/heard of HappyDJ lately? His site is 'suspended' and I haven't seen him post on any of his usual sites for a while.

Phil, still checking-in regularly and enjoying your blog as ever. Keep it coming!

Montedarlo said...

Hi Martin. I rang happydj today as I sent him a text last week and got no reply.
He is on his way into calgary tonight (saturday) so I will quiz him about his lack of posts.
Cheers,Phil