Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just shoot me !

Its at times like this when I feel like saying "Just shoot me".
Collected an empty trailer yesterday from Waterloo and ran just over 3hrs to Storm Lake Iowa where I was reliably informed by security that I should drop the trailer and it would be loaded promptly.

What a load of arse!!!!

26hrs later,the trailer is loaded but suprise-suprise the paperwork is not ready.
So now a nice easy run back to Langley British Columbia is rapidly turning into a flat out race to make the delivery time. Thing is, I will now have to run big hours and my logbook might not agree with the delivery schedule and the time I have to do it in, I need to look at that.

The thought of asking for a layover is rearing its ugly head again, do I argue the toss I have been here for over 24hrs or keep my mouth shut and just grin and bare it? I think if you read my blog regularly you know the answer to that.

In other news, the weather has been great, Tom isnt bored yet and I have just stocked up on Mountain Dew (Soda), all of which make the world a better place.

Fingers crossed I get out of this place soon, like I said its pretty warm so the smell and flies are grating at my patience.

For those interested the route back is as follows: Storm Lake Iowa....Sioux City Sth Dakota....Sioux Falls Sth Dakota....Spearfish Sth Dakota....Broadus Montana....Butte Montana....Kellog Idaho....Spokane Wasington....Ellensburg Washington....Seattle Washington....Blaine Washington....Langley British Columbia.


TomTom (satnav) has the trip calculated at 1756 miles which now instead of having 4 full days to get there I have 3, courtesy of bone idle office staff at the shipper, sort of makes you wonder how office managers justify cashing there paycheck !!!!!!!!

No comments: